About English Study Program
English Language Education Study Program Uniersitas Pendidikan Indonesia was establihed in 1954, and is one of the pioneers in English language education in Indonesia. The program has been serving the country for more than 65 years in providing best quality English teachers. Started with undergraduate program (BP-ELE) since 1954, enhanced with master’s program (MP-ELE) since 1998, and established with doctorate program (DP-ELE) since 2005, the program is now developing into one of the most favorite choices among the school and other program graduates. Applying high standards of management and achievement, the program is now seeking to establish itself in international education enterprise through consistent continual quality improvement activities which are regularly assessed through internal and external quality audits, including those of BAN-PT, ISO 9001: 2015, AQAS (in process), and AUN (in process).
To be the center of excellence both nation and world-wide in English Education that prepares teacher candidates, language studies, literature studies, English language teaching, and translation studies.
- to administer quality teaching and learning process that prepare English teacher candidates to demonstrate strong competence and mastery in English, literature, and translation,
- to conduct high quality research in the teaching of English language, literature, and translation,
- to provide research-based community service that contributes to social betterment, and to develop mutually benefitting cooperation with relevant studies both in-country and overseas institutions.
English Education Study Program made some adjustments to its system. In the revised version of the Program’s objectives, the graduates are expected to have:
- excellent mastery of the knowledge of English language systems and of such related language sciences as phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics, discourse analysis, sociolinguistics and psycholinguistics;
- excellent command of English communication, both oral and written, involving the necessary ICT, multimedia, multimodal and multi-semiotic resources;
- professional ability in planning, administering, and evaluating students learning as well as reflecting on their own works and solving relevant problems in English-based works and the teaching of English in various different contexts;
- good conduct and awareness of environment and professional ethics; and productive skills to work in a team of interdisciplinary and global environment and engage in lifelong learning.